Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Curse you yellow bird!

  I've recently started playing Angry Birds and MY GOD IT IS SO ADDICTIVE. I saw a thread on a forum I frequent about it, them saying how they were an addict. Me, being the skeptic I am, thought I'd check it out. Surely a game about flinging birds into objects isn't addictive, I mean, it's just a game. I'm a sucker for cute things that explode or smash stuff up (LOVE Happy Tree Friends), so I really should have known better.

  Due to not having a smartphone or iPhone (something I'm working on), I found it on the Chrome Web Store and started playing. The first levels are token easy levels. You know, the ones that make you think that you are the best player ever to have played this game and you laugh at those who say how terrible they are at it. They are the scum on your shoes, the plaque on your teeth, the dandruff in your hair! Or things to that effect. The levels that suck you in and before you know it, you're an addicted peanut.

  Then it gets hard and you realise the true reason they call this game "Angry Birds". You become frustrated and stop yourself short of throwing your computer (or phone) out the window because the stupid yellow bird won't soar in the direction you're telling it to. Why even give it abilities if it sucks at using them!? And then that stupid little green pig snorts at you. He's mocking you and there's nothing you can do about it because you can't even hit him with that yellow bird who's too stupid to go in the right direction.

  Despite all that, you can't help but return after a brief sanity break. Like an alcoholic to a bottle of vodka, you're ashamed of yourself but you can't help it. The Angry Birds have their beaks in you and there's little you can do about it!

  So, yeah, I'm addicted to it, but I'm also pretty terrible at it. Now I know never to play games that people say they're addicted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment