Thursday, 24 May 2012

I like girls...

I suck at posting twice on the same day. I did get distracted watching Avatar. It's a really addictive show! With its people, and bending and stuff. Yeah... So, I'll just have to skip a post and make up for it some other time. On to posting!

  Because I have a daughter I have the greatest excuse to go and stare at all the pretty little girl stuff. I suspect I'll still do it even when she's 20, and the husband will moan every time I do it only because "she's too old to wear that kind of stuff. I just don't get it." I like to look at pretty stuff! I love to look at pretty stuff for babies! Nuff said.

  Anyway, the girl is growing so fast that I'm looking at dresses for the next phase of her life. May it be said I have a major soft spot for dresses, shoes and bags. My god, the dresses for wee girls are adorable! And don't even get me started on the pram shoes for babies (soft soled ones, relax. Also they're way to big for her feet anyway). I'd even go so far as to say, shopping for baby girl stuff is the most fun a girl can have with her clothes on... Hmm...I wonder how well naked baby shopping would go down? Probably not all that well. My statement stands!

  The big downside on shopping for girls is that most things are expensive, especially dresses. I mean, I would sew them but I've become incredibly lazy of late when it comes to sewing and don't really have the time (I'm studying fulltime!), so I rely on my old friend Trade Me and boy does it deliver. The most beautiful girly dresses on $1 reserve! Whole sets for cheaps!

  I guess it's better to get all this crazy dress-her-upness out of my system now before I want to dress her up as a cute sailor girl at 15. Hmm...I wonder if she'd be up for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment