Sunday, 30 December 2012

Christmas fun! (and a wrap on 2012)

  The last day of 2012 is tomorrow and some mighty amazing things have happened this year for us (first anniversary, toilet training achievement and birth of daughter to name a few). There have been ups and downs and a strong man by my side to keep me level headed and put my worries to rest (I in no way mean that you NEED a man to be any of those things. I am just lucky to have the one I do).

  When I started this blog, I had no idea what would happen or how it would pan out half a year later. It's been a great platform to put photos away from Facebook, and a photographic memoir of my daughter's first year. I have big plans for summer 2013, that is next summer, not this one, which are still super-secret (even from the other half) that I hope will help me help other people; something I am quite passionate about.

  It's been seen here that I am an incredibly lazy person and I want that to change in 2013 but I think I'll need a shove for that to go down. I think I'll take each day as it comes and perhaps not look too much at the greater picture. I think that may be the problem I have.

  Right, enough about me and my resolutions and on to Christmas!

  As you may or may not know this week just gone we had Christmas! It was a sweltering hot which was a somewhat unpleasant edge on the day, but it was a good day nonetheless. I think the children enjoyed the day and they're still playing with each one of their gifts nearly a week later so that must account for something.

  Onwards with the long photo list of doom Christmas.
The girl all ready for the day. She spent maybe an hour in that
dress before it got way too hot. At least I got this photo, eh?

Blurry lights! Like the ones you'd see in a movie. So I guess this
doesn't have the same effect being a static image.

The tree as seen from our hall. It's actually quite large and our
lounge isn't big enough to give a total view. So instead you
get a partial view of our lounge in which there happens to be
a bit of Christmas tree in it.

The boy opening his first present of the day. He doesn't have
strong reactions to gifts (he's a lot like me in that respect. Hard
to get a gauge on if I like something based on my initial reaction),
but he normally likes whatever he's given.

Still opening (also, it's a chair, by the way). A red chair.

The haul minus my stuff. I don't think that's everything, there
is probably other stuff floating around. They're very spoilt.

The boy in his Batman suit. He wore this all day. In 33 degree
heat. Crazy. He also slept in it, and wanted to wear it the next
day. Another hilarious note - When he puts it on he gets all
in that Batman zone and becomes a whole Batman persona.
It is so cute and hilarious.

Proof of how beautiful the weather was. No rain here.

I told him his Batman suit needed to dry (he got water gun water all
over it) so he is now running around without clothing. Nothing at all.
Common practice for young children. Trust me.

Still waiting for his suit to dry, and it was getting cold so fully
dressed and still running around.

  It was a magical day. Nothing quite like seeing your kid really love something you give them (even if it isn't a mind-blowing reaction upon opening).

  And on that note, have a safe and happy New Year. Make 2013 your year! Cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment