Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Christmas - Just a week away.

  This time next week we will be content (or not) with full bellies and full hearts, awaiting the start of a new year. Of course, as this is the lead up to Christmas, I inexplicably feel the need to keep buying stuff for everyone whether I've finished my Christmas shopping or not.

  This year I've finished my Christmas shopping and had done a few days ago, but I still feel like my family will love me more if I buy them a million gifts. For instance, right now I can think of a few last minute extras I can add to their haul even though I know they don't need it and they still have presents from OTHER PEOPLE as well. I don't even know how many gifts other people will give them.

  What's worse is that this year we can kind of afford for me to keep adding. "Great" I hear you say? No, not great. My kids won't remember who gave them what. I will, but I'm a freak and remember who gave every gift I've received (I'm not even kidding), but the people whose duty it is to remember won't. There's not really much point but I just can't help myself. It's a freaking compulsion!

  It shames me to say it, but I am planning on doing yet more Christmas shopping but it'll only be one day of it, with any luck. My excuse is that the husband has not finished his so I'll be "helping" him...by buying stuff for people he isn't buying for. And this time next year, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar (which isn't much so don't go hoping) that I'll be doing EXACTLY the same thing. Oh, me, you make no sense.

  To reiterate the crazy and Christmas feeling, give this a listen (Warning: Contains electronic sounds. If you are adverse to electronic music, you should probably give it a miss and look at the pretty picture instead).



The video for the non-electronic music impaired

Pretty picture alternative










No comments:

Post a Comment